My friends saved the day for me on Saturday.
Even though we were celebrating one of their birthdays, they were completely supportive of my new eating habits. And they taught me some valuable cooking tips that I didn’t know (stuff I clearly don’t remember from Home-Ec)! For example:
- Add spices WHILE the meat cooks… not after.
- You CAN microwave a sweet potato if you puncture it before you cook it (lifesaver!).
The only part that sucked of the whole night was when they were eating her birthday cheesecake and I sat there wishing I could have a slice. But it was weird–I wanted some but I didn’t feel like I needed it, so I almost felt… indifferent but wistful? Eh, I don’t know. I settled for almond milk with cinnamon in it. Have you tried that? Super yum.
So today I cooked an amazing lamb-stuffed mushroom dinner that was soooo delicious that I’m already wanting to make it again even though I don’t have enough mushrooms left to do the whole thing (requires 12)
Day 11 Meals…
- Breakfast: 2 egg scramble with pico de gallo
- Snack/Lunch: Lara Cashew Cookie bar, almond butter and a whole30-fied dirty chai (I know… but I had rehearsal and practically no time to eat and nothing to pack for lunch)
- Dinner: ground beef with garlic salt, sweet potato with coconut oil/cinnamon
Day 12 Meals…
- Breakfast/Lunch (got up at 11:30): 3 egg omelet with pico de gallo
- Snack: Almond butter
- Dinner: Lamb-stuffed mushrooms (12), followed with a Lara Bar and almond milk for dessert
How I feel:
Aside from trying to fight off my sinus infection, I’m feeling pretty good! I’m even noticing my pants fitting loser. My dentist office receptionist even asked if I’d lost weight since I was last there in August. However, I do wish I could have just one cookie. And that my dreams would stop making me feel like a crazy person (last night, pizza–a favorite–was involved and I ate TWO huge slices). What I wouldn’t give to have a slice of pizza or cookie… but I can’t. I won’t. I am finishing this 30 day challenge! Is it bad that I’m promising myself a cookie when I get done with this? ;)