Somehow I missed the boat that lentils were legumes and now I feel really bad. You know that soup I thought was Whole30 compliant? Not so much. It was a lentil soup. Because of the sinus infection, I only bought two cans–one eaten Monday, the other last night. These aren’t Whole30 friendly! And I didn’t realize it!
However, when I assessed how I felt after. I didn’t feel bloated, but I did feel comfortably full. I was stunned a soup could do that. My energy hasn’t changed or anything. I don’t think it made much of a difference… so I don’t have to start over, do I? Thoughts?
On Monday though, while catching up on my favorite shows on my iPad, I used the 90 second commercial breaks to punch out some pushups and bicycle crunches. Since I haven’t worked out in ages, I expected to be sore. Nope. Absolutely nada soreness. Thanks to Whole 30? I think so!
And sleeping… oh my gosh. It doesn’t matter if I go to bed at 10 or 12; when my Sleep Cycle alarm rouses me (best alarm app ever!) I’ve been tempted to press the green smiley icon for “how I feel.” Then I think to myself, no, I want more sleep… but my body refuses to listen! As soon as those pretty tones wake me up, I’m up. It both sucks and is awesome–it’s weird. And my sleep quality percent is consistently high now too. (You can check out Sleep Cycle here… you’ll love it, too, I promise!)
So I guess I’m seeing some cool positive side effects already from doing the Whole30! I’m down with that.
Day 14 meals
- Breakfast: 3 egg omelet with red bell peppers
- Lunch: apple, spinach, shredded carrots, topped with garlic beef I made at my friend’s over the weekend (delish btw)
- Snack: cashews
- Dinner: that not-so Whole30 compliant soup and a tablespoon of almond butter, Lara Bar for treat
Day 15 meals
- Breakfast: 2 hardboiled eggs and an apple
- Lunch: Cafe Rio tortilla-free tostada chicken salad with only guacamole and pico
- Dinner: lamb, red bell pepper and sweet potato topped with coconut oil
- Late night snack: almond butter… What? I get hungry right before bed!
Oh, and I can flip an omelet on a pan without it flying away from me. Master cook in training!
So things are starting to look up! Yay! :)